I clicked the Readability bookmarklet by accident when viewing my profile page on Twitter and was surprised to get a single, nicely formatted page of every tweet I’ve ever written (all 500-ish of them). I had fun taking a look back at the last 31 months. Here’s a selection.
- My next-door neighbours are involved in making a feature film, shooting tonight nearby.
- Conan the Barbarian or Super Mario Galaxy? Just one of life’s puzzles. Who am I kidding? Mario beats Arnold hands-down.
- Listening to TMBG’s new children’s album… after E. has gone to bed. Is it bad that I enjoy it as much as her?
- Just saw Eastern Promises. Great movie, great eye-stabbing scene.
- Four chicken frames -> eight litres of chicken stock, frozen, to last us for the next few weeks.
- Time to spend some time in the curious village.
- How would YOU matchmake a bunch of humans into groups that then play each other at some game? Huh?
- Basking in the glory of a freshly cleaned car.
- Bowling is easier on the Wii. Beginning to suspect same for boxing.
- Car stolen, crashed and written off. Up since 4am with the police.
- Back home; squeeze in an hours coding before bed at 3:30am, then wake up at 8:30am to get back to the Jam.
- Been indoors for 8 days. Finally starting to feel on the mend. Was quite worried there for a bit – thought we were goners. Swine flu sucks!
- Dana wants to push up to jump. Eighties child can’t handle more than one button. A to blow, B to jump… how hard can it be?
- Final Twin Peaks sesh tonight. Dinner: T-Bone with Diane sauce, potato au gratin, salad, beer. Snacks: showbag goodies, beer.
- Just tried to get into the wrong car. For five minutes.
- Coffee and croissant at Perth airport, waiting for flight to Melbourne. Go!
- Whisky poisoning not too bad. Coffee and shower, then off for Jaffe’s keynote.
- Farbs: fan e-mail is a gateway drug to self-Googling.
- Best advice for startups from the big publishers: “don’t build an MMO”.
- Yahtzee says Project Natal is a “creepy little boy simulator”.
- Dinner at Attica… Rob Sitch and Eddie Maguire just walked in. Only in Melbourne!
- Plan to polish & release KranzkyEngine, and develop PostalWorker, which was devised at the hotel bar.
- What’s up with the Hawkeye 4wd driving around with like 20 cameras mounted all over it? Seen in Northbridge.
- Great party last night; 21yo scotch, good cheese, and arthouse cinema in the back garden. All while the kids went berserk. In a good way.
- I ran 14345m before hitting a wall and tumbling to my death on my iPhone.
- Mixed a brandy-and-dry, and drank while munching green olives with pimientos. I think my hair will turn a swept-back grey soon.
- Frankly, you should quite frankly prototype your GUI. Frankly, I say!
- Channel 9 commentary: “he’s universally known in America”
- Note to self: don’t type “anal” into the address bar as a shortcut to Google Analytics.
- Counted dozens of smashed car windows walking to train station. Some brand new luxury cars in dealerships too.
- Arrived at beautiful holiday house on the beach in Eagle Bay. Now, to figure out the optimum way to relax…
- Played San Juan at 399bar last night, and I must say it was pretty cool. More German board games in small bars!
- “I saw it on YouTube” not a valid defense for making daughter Cheerios fried in butter. But it seems so American! And we had no popcorn!
- Curse you, Desktop Dungeons, for stealing my Friday night.
- Chicken livers and ladies fingers at The Prophet. Good friends, good wine, good times. Great party at Tee’s afterwards. Eh, what kids???
- Oh man that was totally fucked up. In the most awesome of ways. Breaking Bad, you’re the best thing ever.
- Off tonight for a beef injection (1.5kg 400+ day dry aged wagyu ribeye to share, with roasted bone marrow and potatoes gratin). And wine!
- Meat Stylus.
- I am the mayor of crumpet (unfortunately NOT a euphemism).
- Just realised I’m sharing my iTunes library at work. Trouble is, I’ve only used this laptop to assemble a playlist for my mum’s 60th.
Hmmm… what a strange way to look back on your life! But, I gotta say, I prefer myself in retrospect :)